- We are committed to protecting the rights of individuals to privacy with regard to the processing of personal data.
- It is necessary for us to process personal data in the normal and proper conduct of our business operations.
- Such processing will be conducted fairly and lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- If you have a query regarding the accuracy of your personal data then your query will be dealt with fairly and impartially.
General Use of Personal Data
By providing Livingstons with your personal data you are consenting to the use of this information for the purpose of responding to your enquiry or processing your order.
- We hold data on: prospective, current and former clients; and other individuals interested in Livingstons .
- This personal data is held in a variety of formats, electronic and manual.
- The processing of personal data is subject to the rules laid down under the Data Protection Act 1998. Your personal data will be used only for proper purposes that are considered by us to be for your benefit.
- The protection of your personal data will be governed by the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. Access to your data will be restricted to those personnel to whom it is necessary for proper purposes.
- We will not sell your personal data to third parties. Your personal data will only be transferred to third parties where this is for proper purposes related to your transaction, for example where it is necessary for the delivery of services by third parties to you.
The Principles of Data Protection
There are eight Data Protection principles set out under the Act. In summary they are that personal data should be:
- obtained and processed fairly and lawfully;
- held and used only for specified purposes;
- adequate, relevant and not excessive;
- accurate and kept up to date;
- kept only for as long as is necessary;
- processed according to the Act;
- held securely; and
- held within the European Economic Area.
Livingstons is registered as a Data Controller under the Act and will adhere to these principles and the guidelines set out by the Information Commissioner.
- Livingstons seeks to use your personal data only for the purposes of legitimate interests and, where practicable, with your consent.
- You have the right to know what personal data Livingstons holds about you and for this to be correct. Procedures for the management of personal data are in place and enquiries may be made as set out below.
- Livingstons may use your personal data to contact you regarding new services offered by Livingstons and which we think may be of interest to you. By providing your personal data to Livingstons you are consenting to the use of your information in this way. Should you not wish to receive further information concerning products and services offered by Livingstons please write to the address stated in the contact section below.
Sensitive Personal Information
- Sensitive personal data is defined under the Act to include such matters as personal beliefs and health, criminal records.
- If Livingstons holds Sensitive Personal Data about you then this will only be disclosed with your explicit consent or if required by law.
Accessing your Personal Data
- You have the right to see the personal data that we hold about you and for that data to be corrected if it is incorrect.
- Minor requests about your personal data may be dealt with informally in the course of normal administration, at the sole discretion of Livingstons .
- If you wish to make a formal request for access to your personal data then this should be made in writing to Livingstons at the address stated in the contact section below. There is a fee of £10 which must be paid in advance.
Enquiries may be made to the Practice Manager, Livingstons, 9 Benson St, Ulverston, Cumbria, LA12 7AU
If we decide to change our data protection policy we will post those changes on this page so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we may disclose it.